Saturday, April 21, 2007

Good Canine Citizen!


For 10 weeks Red (and I) have been going to obedience class. During that time we have learned the building blocks to make a “a good canine citizen” Every Saturday we have met ,rain or shine to learn ten areas that we would be tested on. Then ,during the week we practiced like mad to try and master all of them.
Today was test day. We arrived at the training area early to prepare (which means getting red tired out) to help him concentrate. Well, concentrate he would not! There were probably 20 other dogs there to make sure he was really distracted! After all the weeks of drilling, he would not pay one bit of attention to me. As we entered the test area I was muttering “This is hopeless”But when we started he went through everything flawlessly! Other dogs had balked on one phase or another but not Red!

So here we are in our moment of glory! Now we have just two weeks until the next level class starts AAAIIIIEEEE!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good dog. I can't help wondering you have learned anything in the course for yourself as well. :)

Gregg said...

I have learned that I never have enough patience