Monday, May 25, 2009

You Never Know

FBI_logo_big.jpg

Monday mornings usually mean Grocery shopping. Today as I finished and was getting in line at the check out the gentleman in front of me got out of line and moved to the next cashier. No sooner had he moved he backed up and went ahead of me again . As I backed up he turned around and said, "oh I didn't see you there". I motioned for him to go ahead of me and he then said "you get indecisive when you are approaching 83 and I will be 83 in November". He was quite pleasant and as we began talking, I was astonished to learn he was a retired FBI agent. He showed me his ID card and related that he had worked with President Nixon,Vice President Agnew and President Kennedy . You never know who you will meet while grocery shopping.

No comments: