Wednesday, May 24, 2006




David doing his D J thing



I really love Jazz music. Because my Dad was a Jazz piano player our house often had something swinging happening. He also owned one of the best music stores in Indianapolis. I played either clarinet or Baritone sax in Elementary School, High School , College and even in Army Bands.
Since then I have collected and enjoyed records and now cd’s. So you can Imagine how I jumped at the chance to take some of my collection and join my friend David as a guest on his weekly Jazz radio show at the University of Hawaii at Hilo.
I made my fourth appearance today. In all, I took 12 cd’s . David had selected Many Miles Davis recordings to celebrate Miles birthday . Each time I play d j (even though David does all the work) I realize just how wonderful this music is. I really believe it is good for your he
alth to listen carefully.
Some of the material we played today was recorded many years ago. Even so ,it remains vital and contemporary, passing that old test of time theory. I believe the honesty of its spirit transcends time. All great art seems to do this.
Here is a link to information on the station and David’s show
http://radio.uhh.hawaii.edu/programs/

No comments: