Saturday, October 30, 2010

Never Know


So, as Sharon, Red, and I returned from out nightly walk yesterday ,we were about to enter the house.
I was giving Sharon the house key when Red spotted a Mongoose.
I was not really paying attention to him (this is always a bad idea) and he charged (all 75 pounds of him)to the other side
of the driveway extending the retractable leash to its maximum length . Unfortunately it was not long enough and
the force of it yanked me to the ground. I landed on my elbows and knees producing some nasty scrapes.
I did not however break anything (ribs teeth etc etc) so I was really lucky. Maybe one day I will learn to pay attention at all times when holding Reds leash. It struck me how you never know the full extent of possibilities at any given moment.

No comments: