Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Self- Indulgent

A couple of posts ago my topic was wanting to improve myself for the new year. I thought it was a good idea but my friend Anne thought other wise. In short she informed me that my comments sounded like a self-indulgent teenage whine. She went on to add I should look at my Thoughts from a friend post for direction. So I decided to take a closer look.
Of the 40 points here are the ones that that I already attempt to practice

Take a 10-30 minute walk every day - Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day - Live with the 3 E's: Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy - play more games and read more books than you did in 2007 - Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer - Dream more while you are awake - Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer foods that are manufactured in plants - Drink green tea & plenty of water and eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts - Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life - Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper

There are still 30 more to tackle but
I guess that is not bad for a start. I better shut up for now as I don’t want to be anymore
self - indulging than necessary.

No comments: