Wednesday, June 07, 2006


I know I am trying to be less self absorbed but at least this post is not so serious and seems to be fun to me. One step at a time! I went to buy a couple pairs of knock around shorts today. Just average comfortable draw string shorts to wear around the house. As I was looking around the men’s department I saw something else. I had seen it before in the current Land’s end catalog and it must be fate that Sears now carries Land’s end men’s clothing .Anyway, there it was straight from page 128. I could not resist. It called my name. Gregg BUY ME YOU, KNOW YOU HAVE TO HAVE ME . Many stronger could probably resist a Coral Red Madras shirt. Not me. I will be 60 this weekend but suddenly ,right there in Sears, I was 16 again! That material , the colors and patterns , the button down collar . I quickly grabbed it and headed to the fitting room. It looked great , even my wife Sharon liked it! I am going to wear it to my birthday dinner this week end . I may be turning 60 but it will seem like 1963!

No comments: