Monday, May 28, 2012

Today was Monday and that means grocery shopping. A lot of socializing happens in our Locally owned store and the  isles are sometimes clogged with friends "talking story". Sharon is all business but I have turned into quite a blabbermouth talking to just about anybody. Today (being a holiday) the store was loaded with kids and moms.
I happened to see a family with a boy who was wearing a Cub Scout uniform . He had all the patches indicating he had completed all of the rank levels and of course I had to commend him.
Not being satisfied I returned later and encouraged him to not only continue in the Boy Scouts but to strive for the  Eagle rank .Then related that  I had come close to earning the Eagle rank but had quit, and had regretted it ever since. He looked somewhat intimidated , his mom was laughing nervously and when I returned to Sharon she said he was looking at me like I was crazy. I never realized that being outgoing was so fraught with danger.

No comments: